CMHWorks can help you build your custom app with our team of expert so you can expand your reach to sell more products and keep your users informed.
Application Development Features
Good applications are not hard to use. Great applications, however, are easy to use. And “usability” is what User Experience (UX) design is about – designing from the perspective of the User to make the experience great. And that is where we start.
You define what a great UX is to you, and we apply our expertise and design it.
There is no reason why any app developed today should not be as effective on any connected device, from the smallest mobile phone to the biggest Desktop or TV monitor. Responsive design is about optimizing the User Experience for all possible devices.
Our apps begin on a responsive foundation and are designed to “be responsive” no matter what device they are used on.
The terms “App”, “WebApp”, “Native App”, “PWA”, and “Mobile App” are thrown around pretty interchangeably, which can often be confusing if you don’t know the difference. Here’s a quick rundown:
- App – Usually means something that can run on a mobile device.
- WebApp or Web App – Usually means that is primarily targeted at desktop browsers. Websites are essentially WebApps.
- PWA (Progressive Web App) – designed to work on any platform with a standards-compliant browser, including desktop and mobile devices. PWAs are great alternatives to Native Apps.
- Native App – Usually means device native code targeted for mobile devices only. Native Apps are typically only available through App Stores like Google Play or the Apple Store
CMHWorks designs and builds all of these. The key is determining which is right for your App needs.
The primary function of any Application is to communicate information to the User and have that user act on it. The more “actionable” information an application provides, the more valuable it is to the user. Integration is all about increasing the actionable information available to the user by setting up communication channels between the Application and other related information sources.
Integration can provide significant value to your application, including:
- improve data accuracy
- reduce manual labor
- enable more ease of user for the user
At CMHWorks, we do integrations that empower our clients applications and make them great.
Assuring the quality of the solution is fundamental to a great application. Nothing turns users off more than “bugs” in the application. Quality Assurance is about reducing bugs and fixing them quickly when they happen.
The primary objective of Quality Assurance in the development process are:
- Ensuring the application continually meets defined requirements
- Confirming bug fixes and enhancements function as designed
Quality Assurance is a fundamental phase in our development process, led by a dedicated team of QA Analysts whose only job is ensuring the ongoing quality of your application.
All applications have an architecture, whether clearly defined or not. Applications with architectures that are not clearly define prior to the “building” of the application behave a lot like a house built with no blueprint.
Application Architecture is about defining the goals for the characteristics (referred to by Architects as the “ilities”) of the application, including:
As a full service solution provide, we architect everything about your application long before a line of code is written to ensure we achieve the goals defined for your Custom Application.
Optimized Hosting is about ensuring your application is always available, performs effectively, is secure, maintained, and supportable. When you invest in a custom application, you assume you will get value out of it for years to come. If not hosted properly, your application can be unavailable, slow, or insecure.
Optimized Hosting includes:
- Transparent Cost Reporting
- Fixed Cost Maintenance
- Continuous Monitoring
- 100% US-based Support Staff
- Priority Support
- Monthly Hosting reports
Our Optimized Hosting service ensures that your application continues to function as it was designed.
Nothing is more frustrating than needing and enhancement or change to an Application, and not being able to get it. We get it. That’s why ongoing feature development is core to our development methodology. We don’t just code something and hand it off to you with a salute.
Our Ongoing Enhancement process includes:
- Clearly Defined Requirements and Deliverables
- Fixed Cost Proposal for Development and Maintenance of the feature enhancement
- Status Updates and Tracking of your request in our Service Desk
Ongoing Enhancements are the basic building blocks of our Custom Development service. We do them every day. Let us show you awesomesauce!
For More Information
- List of System Quality Attributes
- Architecting for the Ilities
- PWA Defintion on Wikipedia
- The Reality of Orphaned Apps
Custom Hosting Solutions
CMHWorks will work with you to create the right size Custom Hosting Solution so you only pay for what you need. Our goal is to provide the right size solution and not a canned solution.Explore Custom Hosting Solutions